A good number of people are fast adopting the adjustable dumbbells. The adjustable dumbbells have got several advantages. Some of these advantages that could be associated with the adjustable dumbbells are:
1. They occupy a considerably small space. You can therefore set them up even in a small room inside your house and not necessarily a gym.
2. There are some that could stand in for up to 15 dumbbells. You will not need a whole dumbbell for every level as you can easily adjust them to fit in.
3. One is able to exercise the various strength levels with just one dumbbell. You only have to adjust the weights to suit your demands.
There are different brands of adjustable dumbbells. The most common ones however are the ironmaster and the powerblock. Typically, you would expect that one dumbbell had a particular advantage over the other. The ironmaster has over the years been a formidable rival of the powerblock dumbbells. It possesses some advantages over the powerblock but the powerblock also has some advantages over it. After making notes on the advantages and disadvantages of both of them the decision will be yours to make on which one best suit your needs.
Here are some of the comparisons between the ironmaster and the powerblock dumbbells:
1. One aspect that one would look at with the adjustable dumbbells is the time it takes to adjust the weights. There are many who take this factor as a priority. Well, for rapid adjustment, the pwerblock is the perfect option without a doubt. In this aspect, it is better than the ironmaster dumbbells. For you to adjust the weights you will need only about two to five seconds and you will be exercising on the next level. This feature may come in handy especially to those who plan on having a super-setting or a type of cross training. There are also those who are generally impatient and would want their adjustments to go fast. This dumbbell is the perfect option. The ironmaster also has the ability to adjust pretty fast, but it cannot beat the time frame that the powerblock takes to do it.
2. Another feature that one may look at is the sense of security one has while training with the dumbbells. With regards to this factor, the ironmaster beats the powerblock. The ironmaster looks and feels solid as compared to the powerblock. An individual who trains with the ironmaster therefore has no fears of the weights falling off and hurting them as they train. This is contrary to the powerblock whose users have claimed that they are at certain occasions that something may fall off and hurt them.
3. Another factor that is very important is the comfort-ability. One has to be comfortable while training in order to last longer while exercising. When a dumbbell allows a person comfort, there are high chances that the individual will not grow tired before completing an exercise session. The ironmaster is more comfortable than the powerblock. Many people are not comfortable with their arms being locked between bars in the powerblock. This makes the ironmaster preferable.
These are some of the most compared aspects of the adjustable dumbbells.